The personal growth and self-help industry has done a great job of leading people to self-awareness. But being aware of limiting beliefs and actually knowing how to unwind them are two very different things. David Bayer has made it his life’s mission to help people actually unwind their limiting beliefs. On this episode of Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu, David Bayer explains how to use visualization to figure out precisely what you really want, then breaks down the exact steps you need to take to get into a powerful, creative mindset in any situation.
This episode is sponsored by:
- Audible. Start listening with a 30-day Audible trial and your first audiobook plus two Audible Originals are free. Visit audible.com/IMPACT or text IMPACT to 500-500
- Dashlane. Go to https://dashlane.com/impact for a free 30-day trial of Dashlane Premium. Or, use the promo code IMPACT to get 10% off an annual subscription. Again, that’s dashlane.com/impact.
- HelloFresh. For $80 off your first month of HelloFresh, go to HelloFresh.com/IMPACT80 and enter IMPACT80.
- SkillShare. Start learning on Skillshare today with 2 free months at skillshare.com/impacttheory
- ProperCloth. Enter gift code IMPACT to save $20 off your first shirt. Go to Propercloth.com
- Whole30. Visit https://whole30.com/friends-family
David asks how we can change the habitual methods of thinking that we are addicted to [2:35]
David describes how beliefs are formed and how beliefs trap people [3:48]
Tom and David discuss how to unwind limiting beliefs [6:40]
David advocates that what causes people to regress are thoughts that are simply untrue [11:35]
David advocates that all unbounded intelligence is all there is [15:11]
David and Tom discuss evolution, spirituality, and how to view the universe [17:59]
At any given time, you are only paying attention to what you believe [21:25]
David explains how to use visualization to figure out what you really want [22:16]
David and Tom discuss how indecision and procrastination stop people [24:45]
David shares his story of overcoming addiction [26:36]
David describes his spiritual journey through meditation and breath-work [29:55]
David explains the practice necessary to constantly shift into a powerful mental state [33:57]
David describes the exact steps necessary to shift into a powerful state [36:56]
David shares the impact he wants to have on the world [38:55]
“The fastest way for you to eradicate a limiting belief is to actually see the limiting belief as untrue. The moment that happens there is a reorganization in your brain. You can’t unsee it, once you see the lie is a lie.” [13:52]
“That which we tend to pay attention to is aligned with what we believe, and so that’s all we get.” [21:44]
“Most people know what they don’t want, but they don’t know what they do want.” [22:16]
You can buy cannabis seeds comfortably online.