Impossible is a not a word that exists in Tim Ferriss’ vocabulary. Ever learning and testing new theories, Tim Ferriss is living proof that if you are willing to put in the work, you can improve any skill. Learn more about Tim’s secrets for self-optimization in this episode of Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu.
Tim’s list of accomplishments is as impressive as it is surprising. He is a former professional break dancer for MTV Taiwan and a one-time national Chinese Kickboxing Champion. He is the first American to hold the Guinness world record in Tango, a horseback archer, and Princeton University guest lecturer.
Tim is also an angel investor who has racked up a serious string of entrepreneurial mega hits including Uber, Facebook, Twitter and Alibaba. He is an unparalleled self-experimenter, professional note taker and would-be ninth grade teacher. He is widely known for his bestselling books, The 4-Hour Workweek, The 4-Hour Body and The 4-Hour Chef. He is also the host of the number one iTunes podcast The Time Ferriss Show, which has been downloaded more than 100 million times.
Tim’s brand new book is Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines and Habits of Billionaires, Icons and World-Class Performers.
In this episode, Tim dives deep into many of the lessons and strategies he’s learned over the years from his world-class guests and constant self-experimentation.
“You can do almost everything you want in life, but you can’t do it at the same time.” —Tim Ferriss
- Tom and Tim discuss the driving force behind their greatest superpowers. [4:04]
- Tim talks about how you can test the impossible in 17 questions. [7:45]
- Tim defines red/blue team strategies and how to apply them. [13:36]
- Tim explains why setting low expectations for creativity leads to higher performance. [18:50]
- Tom and Tim talk about what it means to copyright your faults. [26:52]
- Tim emphasizes the importance of writing morning pages. [30:17]
- Tim talks about the most important takeaways from his new book. [31:31]
- Tim reveals an absurd goal that he has not shared with anyone else. [38:30]
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Tim’s latest book: Tools of Titans – http://amzn.to/2j26Mn5 [1:40]
- CEO of Twitter and Square Jack Dorsey – http://bit.ly/2iBo5h2 [3:18]
- Author of Wild, Cheryl Strayed – http://bit.ly/JxWqJr [3:22]
- PayPal cofounder and Facebook’s first professional investor Peter Thiel – http://bit.ly/1kDYgsw [3:44]
- Cofounder and Executive Chairman of LinkedIn Reid Hoffman – http://bit.ly/2iYviWw [3:47]
- Uber investor and Shark Tank panelist Chris Sacca – http://bit.ly/1kG5Sqs [6:17]
- Founder and Chairman of the XPRIZE Foundation Peter Diamandis – http://bit.ly/2jmV0HB [10:16]
- Entrepreneur, investor, and software engineer Marc Andreessen – http://bit.ly/2jmM4li [14:05]
- Author of The Alchemist Paulo Coelho – http://bit.ly/2aRHunD [19:03]
- Record producer Rick Rubin – http://rol.st/2jmZg9Q [19:12]
- Best-selling author & transformational journalist Neil Strauss – http://bit.ly/2jzFcOK [22:15]
- Music that inspires Tom to write (Faint by Linkin Park) – http://bit.ly/1dPQnbJ [25:31]
- Author who gave Tim great advice about writer’s block Po Bronson – http://bit.ly/2joSaRV [26:06]
- Comedienne and Actress Whitney Cummings – http://bit.ly/2jzT5Na [26:17]
- Tim’s favorite podcaster Dan Carlin – http://bit.ly/2jOqqTK [27:00]
- Author most famous for her book The Artist’s Way Julia Cameron – http://bit.ly/1GzFv18 [30:19]
- Entrepreneur and founder of CD Baby Derek Sivers – http://bit.ly/1jjcOjk [31:44]
- Best-selling author, speaker, and entrepreneur Seth Godin – http://bit.ly/1nzKslz [32:03]
- Professional snowboarder and two-time Olympic gold medalist Shaun White – http://bit.ly/2jV9W00 [36:58]
- Retired tennis player and former World No. 1 Andre Agassi – http://bit.ly/2iBuPvC [37:40]
- Academy Award winning actor, singer, and comedian Jamie Foxx – http://bit.ly/2gvtimr [43:08]
- Tim Ferris social [44:17]
- Twitter (@tferris) – http://bit.ly/2jffIXh
- Facebook (TimFerriss) – http://bit.ly/2jzTnU4
- Instagram (timferriss) – http://bit.ly/2jV6ClJ
Impact Books: Review of Tim Ferriss’ Tools of Titans
Did you ever hear of the German sports betting website Tipico? They also offer a casino, but its closed for most of the countries. So check out the best Tipico Alternative available and get yourself a nice Online Casino, which will accept your signup and of course let you play as much as you want.