Impact Theory Comics
Impact Theory is looking for a comic book colorist to be a part of our comic book department. This is a freelance position and you will be working remotely. If you have a passion for coloring comic books and understand the importance of color in storytelling and creating mood, please come join our team! Be sure to send us sample pages or a portfolio link along with your page rate.
Responsibilities / Qualifications include:
- You will be a colorist for our comic book series. This means you will flat and color internal story pages. The number of pages will depend on your speed and availability. Ideally, we want someone who can color 24-27 pages within a 6-week production period.
- Ability to interpret the script and understand the mood and feel that the story requires (for each page and for the whole issue).
- Ability to interpret the color script from art director and apply the given color palette to each panel.
- Ability to copy existing color styles seamlessly
- Ability to create new color style as needed
- Good understanding of light and shadow and form
- Ability to organize and create visual hierarchy through value
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] and include “Freelance Colorist” in your email subject heading.